Metroflor Corporation celebrated the stellar 2017 sales performance of its distribution partners by bestowing its coveted performance awards at a rock and roll celebration, held at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay during The International Surface Event (Surfaces) 2018. Over 600 people – including Metroflor’s entire sales team and its distributors, Aligned Dealers and other key customers and friends — rocked out during “THE UNBOUND TOUR 2018 – A Celebration of 80s Arena Rock”.
“The Unbound Tour” was an extension of Metroflor’s bold marketing campaign for the revolutionary ISOCORE Technology. Stemming from the original “I AM ISOCORE” concept, “UNBOUND” was the theme of the party, providing a vehicle to communicate the product’s vast scientific, functional and emotional benefits. The highlight of the event was a concert by the 80’s arena rock tribute band Hairball who, in character, performed favorite hits by Van Halen, AC/DC, Kiss and other 80s period bands. The evening prominently featured the new “Unbound” ISOCORE campaign, which was promoted across social media platforms.
At the event, Metroflor previewed the new DropLock 400 locking system for Engage Genesis products that allow for herringbone plank installation and a new series of 24” x 24” tiles allowing a corner-to-corner tile installation.
Continuing the 80s theme, Metroflor’s Aligned Dealers were invited to create and submit the ultimate “I Want My Metroflor LVT!” video featuring them creatively saying the tagline.
According to Gary Keeble, Metroflor’s director of marketing, “We created the ‘I Want My LVT!’ theme to harken back to a time when we were young, full of life – and had a full head of hair!” The video “reel” was played during the cocktail party preceding the Hairball concert and featured “I Want My Metroflor LVT” cameos by retailers, distributor partners and the Metroflor team.
Harlan Stone, Metroflor’s COO, welcomed the partygoers, and in keeping with the theme, Russ Rogg, Metroflor’s president & CEO, welcomed guests in a spaceman suit and proclaimed, “Metroflor has landed!”
Immediately after the show, Metroflor and Hairball band members gave away, via random drawing, two autographed guitars. Mallorie Ulfig of Mastercraft Floors, Plymouth, MI won a guitar autographed by the members of AC/DC, while Butch Pugh of The Floor Depot, Southaven, MS took home a Van Halen autographed guitar.
Said Russ Rogg, “Our ‘I Want My LVT!’ theme reflected the outstanding results last year achieved by all of those in attendance at our 80s-themed bash. We outdid ourselves this year with the celebration, just as our partners outdid themselves once again in 2017. It was a particularly novel way to acknowledge our distributors’ role and achievements, while partying like the 80s!”
Metroflor’s 2017 performance award winners:
- KONECTO Distributor of the Year Award – Ohio Valley Flooring
- ARTISTEK Distributor of the Year Award – Adleta Corporation
- METROFLOR DRYBACK LVT Distributor of the Year Award – Tri-West, Ltd.
- ENGAGE Distributor of the Year Award – Tri-West, Ltd.
- ASPECTA Distributor of the Year – Reader’s Wholesale Distributors, Ltd.
- PREVAIL Distributor of the Year – Tri-West, Ltd.
- EASTERN REGION Sales Champion – Chris Gaddy, William M. Bird & Co., Inc.
- MIDWEST REGION Sales Champion – Brian Boll, Herregan Distributors, Inc.
- SOUTHWEST REGION Sales Champion – Angela Brooks, Adleta Corporation
- WESTERN REGION Sales Champion – Mike Gallagher, The Cronin Company
- DISTRIBUTOR NATIONAL Sales Champion – John Mayer, Tri-West, Ltd.
- DISTRIBUTOR VISIONARY Award –Harvey Johnson, Mastercraft Flooring Distributors
- PRESIDENT’S Award – Readers Wholesale Distributors, Ltd.
- PARAMOUNT AWARD – Tri-West, Ltd.
Feel free to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give our customer support team a call at (888) 235-6672. We would be happy to help you out!
You can also reach out via social media through these channels:
“Like” Metroflor on Facebook
Follow Metroflor on Instagram
Follow Metroflor’s Twitter
Find Metroflor on HOUZZ
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel